Saturday, May 16, 2009

Endings=Beginnings

Endings are beginnings. When something ends, something new always begins. At the end of a pregnancy, you become a mom. At the end of a life, the living begin a new life, as does the person that passes away. At the end of a trip, real life begins again. I can go on and on and on...

Lately we have had many endings and new beginnings in our lives. Let me see if I can list them all here:


  • End of a pregnancy-Steve's niece, Tasanee, had her baby-basically at home-number 1...unbelievable!!
  • William got his cast off-now we wait for two weeks and hope that it continues to heal well, without any trauma-like a very firm handshake!! He will begin to be very careful of who he shakes with and who's hard head he hits in the future!!
  • Will graduates next Thursday. I am so sure that he is exccited for what is to come at college and beyond...but will he let it show?? We are so proud of his accomplishments!!
  • Will wrote an article for the Banner newsletter that may be published in a health magazine. the editor was quite impressed with his talents. Here's to a great career!!
  • I am finally working out again!! Healed from the most recent intrusion on this OLD body!! I have learned that I need to gradually increase the exercise and will begin to get myself back in shape-if that is what it is called!! The medications I am on seem to leave fat in strange places-thanks for the hips Grandma!!
  • Steve is working out like a banchee!! He is getting ready for Philmont-which my friend JoAnn pegged right-the leaders are more excited than the kids!! When he is back, he will sure have the exercise habit from his dedication now!!
  • We have a problem at work with an employee that has really been a trial to me this week. If there is one thing I hate, it is conflict-especially where it is not needed. I hope the end of this relationship come about soon, so that we can start again and have the tension relieved. It is so trying when there are only 5 people and one causes so much drama!!

As trying as it is to end anything and to have change in our lives, I think it is what makes us grow. With each change and new stage in our lives, we learn more about who we are and what we can really do. We learn about what our true strengths and weaknesses are and how to take those gifts and use them to help us be the best people possible.

Every beginning is our lives is a time to start fresh. We need to clean the slate and realize that it is a time to make the situation ours and to be the best we can be. Every morning is a new beginning. It is a new piece of paper for us to draw a picture on. It is up to us to make a colorful, bright drawing with a happy content picture or a black and white drab picture. I want to have more bright cheery pictures on my portofolio-with just a scattering of black and whites!!

No comments: