Saturday, May 30, 2009

SOOO Much....

So much has happened during the last few weeks.....

Will graduated from High School on May 21. It was pouring rain, so we thought they would move the ceremony inside, so my mom, John, Rob, Sherri and the kids did not come to the WET ceremony. I never thought I could be so cold in May. I took a hot shower when I got home and had a cup of hot chocolate. The worse part of the whole night was when I opened Will's diploma folder...only to have a piece of paper fall out that said he did not get a diploma because he owed money to the bookstore. Needless to say, Will was very upset...so the next morning I sent an email off to the principal at 6am...by 6:30 the bookstore called...by 8am Will went to the trainer and talked to him, as he said Will did not hand in his track uniform-which he did 2 weeks before...by 12noon he had a diploma...What a mess...especially since he really did not want anything to do with the whole thing!!

Steve left on Wednesday for the Paria Canyon hike. Will was not able to go, as his hand is not completely healed, and he had an appointment with Dr. Dinowitz. His visit went OK...He needs to go back in three months, with a possible CT scan, as the knuckle is not healing appropriately, and if not treated, he will end up with BAD arthritis at an early age in the joint. So...we will see on August 12 what is next. It really looks like he will have to have the knuckle replaced with an implant in the future. Time will tell...But it was a good decision to not send Will on the Paria trip...He need to be careful the next couple of weeks, but he should be fine for Philmont.

We leave for vacation next Saturday...In fact, by this time, we will be landing in Chicago, and waiting for our connection to Baltimore. I think we will have a great time. Right now, we are thinking of leaving DC on Wednesday and going traveling and just stopping where we want. We do need to be in Baltimore on Friday night for the baseball game.

I am going to the SOHN meeting in San Diego in October. I am so excited, as I have not been since 2003. It will be good to get the education and to be with old friends and get involved again...Now that I am sure I will live a few more years, I can't wait to go!!

I saw Dr. Long this week. He changed me to the Femara. So far, I have noted an increase in the hot flashes and I have nagging nausea...but that is OK...At least I know this is normal!! the amazing this is that on the prescription receipt, it said the charge for the medication was $363.39 for a one month supply!!! I had a coupon, so my copay was only $15.00. I am so thankful for great insurance!! But, what does the person without insurance do???? Something really needs to change, but I don't know what or how....I see it from both sides...Maybe I will change something while I am in Washington....

No comments: