Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Ugly Piggies

Anyone who has had the great opportunity to see Steve's feet will tell you about the toes he was blessed with. The are kind of chubby, with interesting nails. In the past, he tried to get medication to make his nail beautiful, but due to his thyroid problem, his liver labs were off-so no meds. I got him a pedicure for Father's Day one year-never again-he was too embarassed by his toes, and he thinks the ladies were discussing his big toes during the pedi (remember the Seinfeld episode with Elaine in the nail salon)...

Well...he just got home from a scout outing to Paria Canyon. They hiked 45 miles in 2.5 days. They were in the water...I think the shoes did not dry out enough before he put them on-and he has 2 toes that needed attention!! He was able to get his shoes on to go to Sacrament Meeting, but we came right home and soaked those piggies in Epsom salts, and then my work began. I removed his baby toenail on one foot, and half of the middle toenail of the other foot. Pus came out-it stunk....But, now it is starting to feel better. I hope he can get his shoes on tomorrow to go to work!! Dr. V told him he should let it be the air as much as possible, so the gym tomorrow would be BAD...sweaty feet...UCK!!

I have to admire Dr. Freed, my podiatrist...How he deals with those stinky feet day in and day out is beyond me. I only have to deal with the occassional smelly ear or thick, green, stinky nasal discharge...I can get really gross here.....

1 comment:

Az Kelms said...

I hope that Steve can get his shoes on tomorrow as well. Maybe I should be really glad that Jared didn't go on this trip...can you imagine both of us parents not being able to walk? Our house would definitely have the kids taking over! I hope that he gets better quickly. Now his next big trip is Philmont.