Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh...The Tangled Web We Weave...

Yesterday, I was working in Scottsdale, and Steve called me at 5:30 and suggested that I call Bonnie from work about an occurrence at the office. Never in my life did I think I would have to deal with this....adultery of an employee!!

Apparently, a lady called and asked for X. Bonnie told her that X was unavailable and the lady said she was going to come to the office and "take care of her". As you can imagine, she became freaked out!! She talked to X, who said the guy was "just a friend", and the wife wanted to get her fired. X previously told another employee that she had had an affair with this guy...Who knows what to believe!!

Needless to say, I had to write up X today...the safety of my employees is at stake!!

What amazes me is how she can look me straight in the face and say "we just were talking"..If they were, then why not tell your spouse?? If I had a good guy friend, I would tell Steve where and when we were going to talk or whatever. If nothing funny is going on , nothing bad will happen. How can someone be an example to their kids by having behaviors like this? The only thing I can think of is that it is culturally OK for X. She has a daughter...what an example for a mom.

So, the moral of the story is....Keep your personal live personal...Don't let it affect your job...Don't impact the safety of your fellow employees...Act like a responsible parent....I can keep going...The more I think about this, the more upset I get...so enough..

Shower and Olympics....Here I come!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

WHAT?!!! Look at all this chaos I'm missing out on! LOL!