Saturday, June 19, 2010

Plans Do Change...

Well....the EMR project did not go as planned!! Some things did not work...some things did not work as expected...some people are on leave and left with stuff undone!!!

Here's what happened...

June 10 at 8AM we tried our first patient.  All went well, until time do do the plan...It was not there!!  The educational portion was not there!!  George and Brent were there and tried to take care of it.  Needless to say, we only used it a couple of more times that day, but what we did use was better than the  old thing and we could see light at the end....Until that night...

About 7PM, for some reason, I decided to check my email.  Dr. Altman, one of the physicians on the Board of VENT asked me to call him, and left his number. I tried, but it went to voicemail.  On my way to work on Wednesday, I stopped by Circle K, for my 79 cent Diet Pepsi, and my phone rang.  It was Dr. Kelsch, telling me that George was on Administrative Leave, pending a Board Review.  Poop!!!  How are we going to finish the project!!!  What is going to happen now???  Dr. Altman called me when I got to the office, to tell me what I already knew.  Wow!!!  That came from nowhere---especially with the other two that I work with...I thought they told me everything!!

So...now VENT is being run by the physicians for awhile.  Dr. Weiner and I, as well as Dr. Kelsch are working on the EMR.  The physicians have really stepped up and taken control.  They are making sure all managers and staff know what is going on and have divided up the work.  It will be great to see where we go now.  I am excited!!

This week is my first solo EMR meeting...We shall see!!!

No comments: