Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Month in Review

Let's see...lots has happened this month....In no order....
  • Will left for Peru on December 15.  We heard from him the next day....see elderwilliamsowards.blogspot.com
  • We sent Will a birthday envelope...I was amazed at the cost to send a 3.3 pound envelope of "stuff" to Peru...$28.65 for $10 worth of "stuff", that we do not even know he will receive!!
  • We went to the Sowards' family Christmas party in Tucson last weekend.  It was at Chris and Stephanie's in Sahuarita.  We went down in the morning and just did this and that in Tucson.  Love the mall there!
  • I had 2 office parties on the same day-December 17-I ordered food for Osborn, but went to the Greenfield party, as it was scheduled first!!
  • Steve had to do some video work at Zoolights on Friday night, so I went along.  It was amazing!!  We had not been for a few years, so I could not believe how many lights they have added.  We ran into friends, the Vanderwalkers and the CEO of Banner Desert.  
  • My mom and I went to seen "Hair" at Gammage on December 11, while Steve went with John to the Coyotes game.  Before the performance, we went to the Stockyards for dinner.  It was a great dinner!!  I had not been there for years!!  "Hair" was a great performance.  It was about the hippies and the protests during the '60s.  At the end of Act 1, the entire cast is completely nude---To do that you must like and trust who you work with!!
  • Steve and I had our yearly family shopping trip last weekend.   We like to go to Kierland Commons and look at Restoration Hardware and the other stores up there.  This will be the last time for that--Restoration Hardware is not the same anymore, so it was not as fun.  It is dark in there and it is just not as welcoming as it was in the past.
  • I have been busy baking.  I have fruitcakes maturing.  I made ginger cookies and toffee tonight.  Tomorrow I will made pecan cranberry tarts and cookies.  I am making 2 cheesecakes for Christmas day, at our framily (friends like family) Mary and Andy's home.  We will be at Mom's on Christmas Eve.
  • Will will not call us on Christmas, as he called last Wednesday, and the CCM does not have the facilities for all the missionaries to call.  We will, and do miss, him---as we do everyday---but we know he is in good hands, doing what he wants to do.
I would like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas!!  To me, people seem to be concentrating on family this year.  Maybe it is because we are---but I think it is GREAT!!  We did not buy presents for lots of people this year, so we do not feel overwhelmed with the wrapping and checking the lists.  I have found it to be such a more pleasant season.  I have had time to peruse cookbooks and magazines for new recipes to try.  I have been reading more...I guess I have been more content.

People keep asking me if I am upset about Will being gone, and I can honestly say no.  We hear from him weekly.  He seems to be happy, and is have the adventure of his life.  How can I be upset??  If I really miss him, I just log into dearelder.com and send him a letter.  I don't want to fill his email, as we hear they only get 45 minutes per week to email!!  Anyway, I think a real (even if it is typed) letter is better!!

Sorry for the rambling---but today, it seems right!!!  I just have lots of little thoughts!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Vicki, So happy to catch your blog through JoAnn's. Fun to hear about William's mission and read a little bit about your goings on. -Katie Jensen